This policy applies to all pages on the NSW Fair Trading Rental Bonds Online website unless otherwise indicated.
NSW Fair Trading does not have any responsibility for the privacy policies or practices of third party sites linked to this site.
Any information collected as a result of the use of this site will be treated within the privacy practices regulated by the NSW Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998.
NSW Fair Trading will take reasonable security measures to protect personal information from loss, unauthorised access, use, modification, disclosure or other misuse. We will ensure personal information is stored securely. Rental Bonds Online is protected by advanced access controls to prevent unauthorised access. Strong data encryption mechanisms are also used to protect your personal information during data transmission and storage.
All employees of, and contractors and consultants to, NSW Fair Trading (collectively “personnel”) that have access to, or control over, operations that may materially affect Rental Bond Online, shall, for the purposes of this Policy, be considered as serving in a “trusted role”. Such personnel include, but are not limited to, system administration personnel, operators, engineering personnel and executives who are designated to oversee NSW Fair Trading’s Computer Security Audit Procedures.
If you have any concerns about this site contact us by email to RBOsupport@customerservice.nsw.gov.au
Analysis of usage patterns
- Rental Bonds Online records information which identifies the user, date and time for each page accessed and key updates performed via its website. To improve the services provided, NSW Fair Trading may extract and publish aggregated information about usage patterns from these records.
- NSW Fair Trading will not disclose or publish information which identifies individuals, or potentially identifies sub-groups, without consent, unless required by law.
- NSW Fair Trading reserves the right to gather more extensive information than stated above in cases of :
- unauthorised attempts to access Rental Bonds Online data;
- unauthorised tampering or interference with Rental Bonds Online;
- unauthorised attempts to index the contents of the Rental Bonds Online web pages by other web sites;
- attempts to intercept messages of other Rental Bonds Online web site users;
- communications which are defamatory, abusive, vilify individuals or groups or which give rise to a suspicion that an offence is being committed;
- attempts to otherwise compromise the security of the web server, breach the laws of the state of New South Wales or the Commonwealth of Australia, or interfere with the enjoyment of Rental Bonds Online web pages by other users.
- NSW Fair Trading reserves the right to make disclosures to the relevant authorities where the use of the website raises a suspicion that an offence is being committed.
- All significant security events on the Rental Bonds Online service shall be automatically recorded in audit trail files.
NSW Fair Trading welcomes and values feedback on Rental Bonds Online for possible future use in development of the site and the provision of service by NSW Fair Trading. Provide feedback by email to RBOfeedback@customerservice.nsw.gov.au, or by using the feedback form on NSW Fair Trading's website http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/
The inclusion of personal details on Fair Trading's feedback form on the website is optional. Users may provide personal details for the purpose of receiving a reply to their feedback.
Access to and use of feedback information is restricted to the management and approved staff of NSW Fair Trading. NSW Fair Trading may publish aggregated information about feedback on the site, to the extent that it does not identify or cannot be used to identify individual users.
NSW Fair Trading Rental Bonds may modify these statements from time to time.
Date of last modification: 14/05/2015.